London gym fire highlights the ‘clear benefits’ of sprinkler systems
Posted 04/06/2016 by Macdonald Martin Ltd.
A fire which was believed to have started due to an overheating light fitting in a gym was suppressed even before fire crews had arrived at the scene.
The gym, which is located below a nightclub, was found to be full of smoke when the fire brigade arrived with the sprinklers having already extinguished the fire. It also allowed 400 people who were partying in the above nightclub to be safely evacuated.
A spokesperson for the fire brigade described how ‘this incident highlights the clear benefits’ of installing sprinklers in business premises and expressed the ability of the sprinkler systems to ‘limit fire damage’ and act as ‘potentially life-saving devices’, allowing business to reopen as soon as possible.
If you are interested in learning about sprinkler systems and how they could help your business, get in touch today! Call us on 0191 5237870 or email us at [email protected]