Electrical fault triggers Birmingham cinema fire

Posted 07/12/2016 by Macdonald Martin Ltd.

Categories: Uncategorised

Visitors at Cineworld in the Five Ways Leisure Complex had to be evacuated last night at around 6pm after an outside illuminated light caught fire. People in nearby businesses also had to be evacuated, fortunately no one was hurt despite debris from the blaze falling onto the pavement below.

Firefighters from Ladywood and Highgate stations tackled the fire, which is said to have started due to an electrical fault. Around 20 calls were received by the fire service regarding the fire which was quickly extinguished, allowing cinemagoers to return to their films within 2 hours.

MacDonald Martin are NICEIC accredited contractors – call us today to ensure that you are safe!