Blaze at family home due to unattended candles

Posted 06/01/2016 by Macdonald Martin Ltd.

Categories: Uncategorised

Residents in Stockport had a stark reminder about the dangers of leaving candles unattended after a family home caught fire on Boxing Day evening. The candles which had apparently been left in the bedroom had caused nearby boxes to catch a light, fortunately both the woman and two children made a lucky escape whilst the father tackled the blaze with a home extinguisher to limit the damage.

Fire crews from Stockton and Gorton stations were called to the scene to ensure the fire was properly extinguished, with them urging residents to not leave naked flames unattended.

If you are interested in learning more about fire extinguishers available to you in your homes contact at [email protected] or call us on 0191 523 7870! We would be happy to help.