BBQ Fire safety tips!
Posted 04/08/2016 by Macdonald Martin Ltd.
As we are in the height of summer (apparently), there is little doubt that you will host or be invited to a BBQ at some point over the coming weeks. Along with troublesome trips to supermarkets for your multi-pack of burger buns, these times can often come with serious safety implications. Here at MacDonald Martin, we have come up a few tips to help you enjoy your BBQ safely:
- Ensure your BBQ is placed well away from any combustible objects, for example fences and chairs
- If you aren’t using disposable BBQ’s, ensure that you have fully cleaned out the BBQ from your last use
- Make sure there is someone attending the BBQ at all times
- Ensure children and pets are kept well away
- Keep BBQ lighters and matches out of the reach of children
- Use long handled utensils
- Wear fire resistant gloves
- Keep a garden hose/ bucket of water nearby in case of fire
- Ensure BBQ coals are cool before disposing of them
So with that in mind, we hope you have a great grillin’ time! Sausages at the ready!
If you have any queries regarding fire safety, please do not hesitate to ask us! We are available at [email protected] or by phone on 0191 523 7870.