A near fatal fire leads to over £7000 worth of fines for Leyton landlord
Posted 14/10/2016 by Macdonald Martin Ltd.
A landlord in Leyton has been fined over £7000 following a near fatal fire at one of his premises.
Mr Fai Lee claimed to own only two self-contained flats, but following a fire caused by an electrical fault, safety inspectors discovered that there were a total of fourteen people living on the premise. They found that the property had been poorly converted and contained inadequate fire precautions which lead to serious fire damage.
The court heard how Mr Lee was fortunate that there were no fatalities and that all landlords should ensure that their premises are fitted with the correct safety precautions.
If you worry that your premise does not have the correct fire precautions or are interested in finding out more, contact us today by either phone on 0191 5237870 or email us at [email protected]